June 6, 2017
QUEENS SERVICE MEDAL
Congratulations go out to Dermot Byrne for receiving a Queens Service Medal for services to the community. Dermot is a long standing resident of Khandallah and is well known in the suburb and the business community. Well deserved.
The Board has signed a contract with Citylink to provide the following in the Village;
* Unlimited free wifi-available only in the village
* CCTV security with monitoring.
This arrangement is piggybacking on the CBD scheme and is the first in a suburb like ours. We believe it will bring significant economic benefit to the Village; encouraging business meetings and visitors to use it.
It will be up and running in the next 8 weeks and we hope all businesses will advertise its presence as part of their promotional material to customers.
The Board is starting planning for its AGM – this will be held upstairs at the Khandallah Town Hall on 16th May from 5.30pm – 7pm. Please note the following;
* Anyone may attend but ONLY members can speak or vote.
* There will be a need for new board members – if you are interested in being on the board and contributing to the Village with ideas of your own, please talk to a current board member.
* Nomination forms will be issued in the run up to the AGM to all members as part of the required paperwork along with copies of the Strategic Plan and Annual financial accounts.
* New board members can only be nominated by other members